Wednesday 18 January 2012

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

From my audience feedback I have learned what they expect to see from a trailer and the high standards of my target audience. Audience feedback is important and significant in the development of future work, also any negative points tend to be choice of opinion (and trailers tend not to please everyone)
Feedback is important as it points out the faults in my trailer as well as things that i have done well. As according to Aristotle's theory of genre ideal, I had achieved the reaction that I wanted to get.
In order to fully evaluate my final work, I need to get audience feedback on my work and therefore compare it to real products.
My intended genre was Romance/Fantasy even though it did have elements of other things such as Mystery, Horror and Drama. This was proven as my target audiences response to the trailer was that the majority noticed that it was a Fantasy. On the other hand, there was good feedback from this usage of the ghost because it adds a little twist to the conventional Romance films and my target audience response to this was that it was a good concept and my trailer portrayed this in a clear and meaningful way. They also noticed the connection between the 2 main characters and therefore deduced that my trailer did revolve around them which is also something i had intended to portray.
The following points are ones that were constant and positive:
  1. The use of contrast to distinguish between Reality and Dream sequences.
  2. The background music was effective in creating a romantic feeling, even though it may have been a little cheesy, it works.
  3. The Narrative was clear and easy to understand.
  4. The ending followed trailer conventions of revealing some form of shocking secret that the film would revolved around.
  5. "The way in which you edited it".
The following points are ones that were negatives and possible improvements:
  1. There was some issues with the colouring in the final edit
  2. Some shots were out of focus and could be re-done.
  3. I could use some more interesting locations.
What I learned from this feedback, is that my target audience received the narrative well without giving away too much information which was imperative of me because during my audience research this was one of the things that my target audience pointed out to me as being a selling point. People also liked the way the sounds were used and which ones were used because they incorporated into the trailer well which has helped me understand which type of sounds work well in this genre. The feedback I got mainly reflected on the genre stereotypes I followed and how they work in my trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment