Wednesday 21 September 2011

New Media Being Used

For this project so far, i have used and plan to use the following software and technology:
  • Blogger
  • Scanning and Printing
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Windows Movie Maker
  • Microsoft Excel
  • Microsoft Powerpoint
  • A FinePix S2750HD Camera
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • iMovie
Each of these items were used for different reasons as there were many different parts to completing this project.


The Sony HVR-A1E Camcorder is one of the best quality cameras that I am able to use for this project. The quality of the camcorder will be invaluable to me to produce a high quality video, when used correctly, and enable me to examine my final piece in contrast to existing film trailers.
“Sony's smallest, lightest yet professional HDV camcorder”




For the practice video I made and the focus group presentation I used a FinePix S2750HD. This may not have produced high quality filming but as it is my own camera, it was portable and relatively useful.
“Fujifilm’s new 18x superzoom is ideal for those who are looking for much more flexibility and zoom range than a compact can offer, but who don’t want the expense and bulk of a DSLR system”




For editing the focus group presentation and my practice film trailer, I used Windows Movie Maker because all I needed was the basic editing programs to make these things for research purposes. It was able to add titles/captions, trim shots and add transition effects. As the practice film trailer needed some music to go over the top to create both a romantic and eerie effect I used Videopad Video Editor which is a program I downloaded from a few years ago that lets me change the sound within a video and edit it to what I’d like it to be.




Photoshop is an image editing program that will allow me to create my ancillary products (Magazine Cover and Film Poster). It is of a professional standard and will allow me to examine my final products in contrast to existing products. A useful effect that i'll be using to create a ghostly picture to influence the genre will be a painting effect with nuances shown on this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5P-hwAqlrQ


For when I create the final product I hope to be using iMovie because it is a program that is of a professional standard. It is a simple program made by Apple that allows me to change the videos that i have taken and mould it into a professional-standard one. There is more information about it on this website : http://www.apple.com/ilife/imovie/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment