Wednesday 21 September 2011

Questionnaire Analysis

For the first part of my audience research, I wanted to find out general information about my target audience and what they like and what their general expectations of film trailers were. To produce the graphs I used Microsoft Excel.
I asked the 6 following questions to 30 different people.
1. What is your age range?






2. Out of the following few, what is your favourite genre of film? (Max.2)
This graph shows that the most popular genre of film is Comedy followed by Drama, however there was a limited choice of genre.
Girls, according to this research, prefer to watch Drama's then anything else.
Boys, according to this research, prefer to watch Action/Comedies.


3. What are the attributes of a main character that you like?
This was question was formed to help me decide what kind of characters my film trailer should contain, as the main character is something that attracts the audience to watching the film as they want to know the story behind and what will happen to the character.
The most outstanding qualities that came out of my research was characters who are "Good-looking, Misunderstood yet relatable and Dark but comical".

4. What are the main features of a film trailer that you look for?
This question was designed to help me decide how to edit and create the actual film trailer itself because my target audience might want different things in comparison to other people.
According to my results, my target audience expect a film trailer that is snappy and to the point so that you get flashes of different parts of the story without giving away much of it. If it is of a drama genre then you need a soundtrack that evokes a love/happiness mood and during this period, to show clips that include the life of the main character.

5. If the trailer was of a Drama genre, what are important or stereotypical locations that you expect to see?
I raised this question to find out what settings to use, as this helps with mise-en-scene and would attract my target audience.
The ideal setting would be a picturesque house or area where there are plenty of tall buildings to express a busy city (e.g. New York or Paris)

6. What would be the most suitable time period?
This pie chart shows that my target audience prefer to watch something that is in modern day society as the characters are more relatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment